Do I have to wait a little longer ?

Chomping at the bit for 22.04,
    M.....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: No development version of an LTS available

The official upgrade path from Ubuntu 22.04 LTS to Ubuntu 24.04 LTS will not be open for another 6 months, or there about. At that time Software Updater will offer an upgrade to the latest LTS release which will be 24.04 LTS.

the -d switch in the command that you used will update/upgrade to the development version if we are on the latest release. So, if I was on 24.04 LTS I could upgrade to 24.10 development version with that command.

As you are on 22.04 LTS you cannot upgrade to the 24.10 development release.

If you are determined to get on to 24.04 LTS then I suggest but not recommend that you upgrade to 22.10; then 23.04, then 23.10, then 24.04.

The problem with that method is the fact that both 22.10 and 23.4 are now both end of life versions and their repositories have been moved to the old-releases part of the Ubuntu repositories. This complicates things a great deal.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Re: No development version of an LTS available

Thank you for your informative response. I will wait for the Fall and try again.

Have a nice day,
    M...